All patients are unique. One thing they have in common, however, is that they want their healthcare providers to see them as a whole person. Many organizations understand that “one-size-fits-all” doesn’t meet the needs of their patients and this is particularly true for members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) communities. With a focus on increasing the utilization of HIV testing, prevention and linkage/retention to care services, the Denver PTC assists healthcare organizations to deliver culturally competent care to their LGBT patients.
The Denver PTC can assist with:
- Staff training on culturally responsive care of LGBT patients
- Consultation on creating inclusive clinical environments for LGBT patients
- LGBT patient and community engagement plans
- Data collection and quality improvement methodology to better measure LGBT services and patient satisfaction
- Staff training on sexual history taking and tracking within the electronic medical record